AISA INTERVIEW: "My love languages are words of affirmation & quality time"

 

Aisa



Bad bug never dies.  And neither blog.  We continue tracing the future evolution of this interview space, meanwhile we leave capsules of talent that deserve to be recognized.  Aisa is part of the cast of more than 50 artists discovered by DISCOVR.  The Filipino-American projects an introspective and emotional R&B, as can be seen on my mind, his latest EP.  Today exclusively for DISCOVR.

DISCOVR: Let's start with an introduction for all those who don't know you yet, who is Aisa?

Aisa: I’m a Filipino-American singer, songwriter, & producer based in Las Vegas, Nevada. I’m a kid who’s trying his best to pursue his dream of becoming an artist who’s music inspires and connects people.



D: If your music had to be an animal... What would it be and why?

A: This is a crazy question, but if my music were an animal, it’d definitely be a koala. I feel like my music is very soft, much like a koala. That’s the best I can think of right now.

D: What's the message that you want to transmit with your last EP my mind?

A: Well I wanted “my mind” to reflect a lot of thoughts I had floating around in my head at the time. I wrote the EP during 2021 and during that year, I had fallen in love but also had to wrestle depression and anxieties. “all day” & “love language” are love songs whereas “bebop” is more introspective. I wouldn’t say there was an underlying message for “my mind”. It was more like a “Hey this is how life has been going for me.”

D: What's your creative process?

A: I love starting with guitar chords. Most of my ideas come from when I just pick up my guitar and start playing

D: How is your day to day?

A: My day to day is pretty much wake up, play guitar, maybe write or produce some ideas that come to me, eat, play video games, then sleep. Lackluster if you ask me.

D: What’s the language of love? How have worked in your life?

A: My love languages are words of affirmation & quality time. I think the language of love differs from person to person though because we’re all different. When it comes to the people I love, I like to show them I love them by reaffirming them with my words, or by spending time with them. We could be doing absolutely nothing but I’d still be having fun because of their presence.

D: What's the best achievement that you have ever reach?

A: I think my biggest achievement has yet to be achieved yet. But as of right now, I think my biggest achievement is that I’ve released art that is solely a part of me. I feel like that’s an achievement in itself.

D: What's the best metaphor for your music?

A: I don’t know many metaphors like that off the top of my head, but I feel like my music isn’t too cryptic. Once you listen, I feel like it’s easy to get a grasp of what I’m talking about.

D: We love being able to discover and give the recognition that those artists who are so talented and who remain in the shade deserve. Any recommendation of some artist?

A: I’ve been a big fan of Jemen, Anthony Steed, & Julius. They’ve been impressing me a bunch lately.

D: Future projects?

A: I’m always working on music. Would love to do a studio album in the future, but i’m sticking to short EPs until my audience grows.



Comentarios

Entradas populares